Blue Funk - 1

Shaken down to the core of my understanding, I watched as my life unfolded in the existence of a third person, another me, taking over me and all I held dear. 

I watched from the back seat of my Cadillac of a mind, firing on all pistons, trying hard to catch up with the tempests that hit me again, again, again. Heaven forbid I wake up now and take over the wheel; I'd rather not have control again, this feeling of finally letting go of the reins of this torrential existence a sweet, sweet serenity. Broken shards of my reflection look back, asking me why I'd let my efforts go in vain, but were they really in vain? 

No, I just wanted to make a change. 

When she waltzed by in the blue funk that enthralled me and my consciousness, I knew. I knew that the tempest was only getting stronger. 

I knew my life has only begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment