Blue Funk - 3


So we come to the point where my music picks a dance. A dance of souls, me, with my ever breaking heart and her with that eternal presence that brings me to my knees in prayer. A dance of hearts, showing vestiges of love never before exposed, a wonderment of words. Yes, a dance, a tango, a salsa of words, as she wrote with me.


Her...
Your island
Is a cluster of clouds which 
Dreams descend on 
From your god-like eyes

Me...
Your heart
Resembles the water and the life within
Deep and full yet rich and dark 
That forever will catch me by surprise 

Am I diving too deep as she slowly opens her well of affection for me? Am I going in unbidden into her world that she guards in hopes to never get hurt again? I don't want to be a source of hurt, I want to be her solace, her serenity. She replies.

Her...
Your touch of emotions
Caresses me in ways I can't handle
Like the rain drops on glass
You see through me, but you really want to seep through me

I can't hold back, I can't stay away again. The way she speaks through her smile makes me die a little inside in my craving. I reply.

Me...
Your eyes of deep hazel 
Betray an innocence that wants to be real again 
Like the warmth in the cold of the rain 
You would say no, but you know yes is what you would need

In the blue funk she first walked in, she turns to leave. Her hesitance all but keeps my fragile heart from breaking as I choke back my tears, did I say something wrong? Broken is my middle ground, my motto and my resolution, but would she break me more? 

No she did not. 

In a rush, she wraps her arms around me as she whispers,

Your eyes speak wonders of the deep waters 
They flow with high currents 
Waiting to dip on my shores 
Your love

You have anchored hope on me
And I can not move it 
You'll always be the gentle strength in me.

I wake up from the dream that kept me sane in my lonely reality. She was my reality, she was my reason to rhyme. As the blues and funk odyssey sounded from my headphones while I type this, my mind spews out my message, my prayer.

I shy away from the sun now, the glare it's too strong to stay me, 
I leave myself in this moment now, a true sense of serenity, 
The shade it'd save me from myself now, lest I burn and end up less than me, 
I snuggle into your loving arms now, this is where I belong and where I shall be.

Why doth you forsake me?

No comments:

Post a Comment